Open Call for participation in the MeetFactory Artists-in-Residence Program
About the Open Call
The call for the MeetFactory AiR Program is open to visual artists from around the world and applies to stays spanning from 1 - 6 months.
The MeetFactory provides chosen candidates with:
- background of the international multi-genre arts center
- livable studio and possibility to use the facilities of the residential floors (the Project Room, etc.)
- full participation in the MeetFactory AiR Program - involvement in public events (open studios, presentations, workshops) and other activities of the MeetFactory AiR Program (trips, studio visit by curators, etc.)
- networking and mediating contacts to Prague's, Czech and Slovak art scene
- PR support - artist's profile on the MeetFactory webpage, promotion through the MeetFactory social networks, etc.
- production assistance in the implementation of projects
The open call is not subsidized, reimbursement of costs associated with the stay is the responsibility of the applicant. Neverethless, the MeetFactory AiR Program coordinators provide applicants selected by the Arts Council consultations and further background in obtaining individual grants or other financial support.
Applying for the open call and selection of candidates
- advice on grant scheme options (funds, foundations, cultural centers, etc. ) or sponsorship for each of the selected candidates
- consultation of grant applications
- consultation of grant budgets
Applications for the AiR Program are overseen by the MeetFactory Arts Council, composed of:
- David Černý - artist
- Karina Pfeiffer Kottová - kutárorka exhibition program MeetFactory
- Zuzana Jakalová - curator residency program MeetFactory
- Independent expert - artist, curator or art theorist
The application should contain:
To apply, please go HERE
- a complete application form
- professional CV
- current portfolio
- project proposal, that the artist intends to implement during his stay at the MeetFactory AiR Program
- additional visual documentation - video, images or video documentation of existing works or projects, image or video documentation of realised exhibitions and installations, visualization of intended projects (optional)
- e - catalogues, e - publications or scanned versions of printed catalogues and publications related to the implementation of the project (optional)
- letter of recommendation from previous residency or from the relevant experts in the field of art and culture (optional)
Selection criteria :
- quality of the artist's work and its relevance for MeetFactory
- quality of the proposed project and its relevance for MeetFactory
- relevance for artist's work for Czech art scene
Timeline for the applications:
The open call is announced twice a year, in view of the possibility of obtaining individual grants and financial support for selected candidates, and with regard to the adequate preparation for the stay.
Participants will be informed about the results of the selection within 30 days from the closing date of the call. The selected candidates will be sent further information on how to proceed, the details of their stay, and financial conditions.
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the curator of the MeetFactory AiR Program Zuzana Jakalova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS OPEN CALL IS POWERED BY WORKS.IO
Umělec nemá žádné další fotografie